1. Be part of a growing national social marketing campaign whose mission is to educate Hispanics/Latinos about HIV/AIDS, encourage them to get tested for HIV and advocate for those living with the virus.
2. Network, collaborate and partner with national and local public health and Hispanic/Latino leaders, giving you the opportunity to meet local groups and strengthen your ties to public health and community leaders, form local planning committees, share resources and stay connected with participating organizations.
3. Receive an NLAAD Campaign Tool Kit, which is filled with a wealth of information and resources to help build your organization’s capacity. Included are fact sheets on Hispanics/Latinos and HIV/AIDS, NLAAD Posters, key campaign tips and strategies on working with communities of faith, elected officials and the Media, ideas to raise funds, addressing stigma and information on civic participation.
4. Access resources available on the NLAAD website such as the electronic version of the NLAAD poster where you can add your local event information onto the poster; order bilingual literature, pamphlets, etc; and access multimedia tools such as PSA’s, event pictures, and podcasts.
5. Publicize your event on the NLAAD website by creating your own NLAAD event page on the NLAAD website. All those who visit the website including media outlets and community members will have all of your NLAAD event information.
6. Receive HIV Testing Kits and testing resources by simply registering as an NLAAD event organizer on the NLAAD website.
7. Capacity Building Assistance is provided to help you plan and execute a successful NLAAD event through webinars. Topics covered are event planning strategies, how to raise funds, how to organize a press conference, etc.
8. Learn how to work with the Media by participating in the Media 101 webinar, and utilizing the Sample Press Release, Media Alert, and PSA script available in the campaign tool kit.
9. Spread the Word about your Organization by being actively involved in a nationwide social marketing campaign, giving your organization exposure to national and local media outlets. By holding an NLAAD event, the recognition of your organization will improve, increasing the number of clients seeking services at your organization.
10. Help Raise Awareness about HIV/AIDS in the Hispanic/Latino Community and be at the forefront of a campaign to stop the HIV/AIDS epidemic from afflicting this country’s largest minority group, Hispanics/Latinos.